7.19.2008

What's so funny?

I have almost a whole day to myself today so I am actively checking items off of my “to do” list. Josh is in Winter Park racing and I couldn’t join him because we have a concert that I have to start setting up for around 4pm. We had a pretty relaxing week and were both feeling good despite the heat. The temps have been consistently in the high 90s, which is feeling especially hot these days. I am sure it is nothing compared to how I will be feeling in a month!

Josh and I started our “Foundations of Childbirth” class last Sunday and will continue to attend for the next couple of Sundays. The best part was practicing the breathing and relaxation techniques because that is when I get to sit there and breathe while Josh massages me! I figure I may as well enjoy it during the classes because it is going to be a lot less fun when I am dealing with the actual contractions. The worst part of the exercise was when Josh was sitting behind me and started laughing for no reason. And, with Josh sitting so close that he was touching me and shaking uncontrollably with laughter, I had no choice but to join in. Before long, the whole class (instructor included) was staring at us with raised eyebrows. At that point, I wanted nothing more than to switch partners so I could be with someone that wasn’t going to get me kicked out of the class! Luckily, we got ourselves under control and were able to move on without getting in trouble.

Here is the baby update: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments: