10.20.2008

Update

Avery had her first experience with a babysitter this past weekend when my parents, Melissa, Josh and I went out to dinner. Auntie Lindsay drove up from Denver to spend the evening with Avery while we had our special night out. Lucky for us, the baby slept the whole time in Lindsay's arms while we were away so she was wide awake for the rest of the night!







We took our first walk with our Hotslinger the other day. I think this is going to be new #1 accessory (thanks Jeanne)!







Avery loves hanging out with her Mammer & Big Papi!!! My parents have been here since last Wed. and they are staying with us for two more days. They have been such an enormous help over the last week. They have kept themselves busy helping with the baby, cooking dinner, food shopping, organizing our kitchen cabinets, organizing all of the baby clothes, cleaning out my car (yikes!!!)...and the list goes on. It is going to be a rude awakening when they go home!





Aunt Melissa flew in for a quick weekend visit on her way to San Fran for a work trip. We were all sad to see her go yesterday but she will be back for a visit in two short weeks! She is going to be staying for a week and during her visit she will joined by our brother Chris, his wife Emily and their little baby Samantha. Sammy will be almost seven months old at that point. It will be funny to see if she is the least bit interested in her new baby cousin!



On Saturday, my Mom and Melissa said they would take care of the baby while I took a nap. It was such a treat to escape to my bed and I actually ended up sleeping for almost four hours. I came downstairs all delirious from my nap and was immediately instructed to return to my room. My Mom and Melissa looked like they had been caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Well, the pictures below give you a good idea of what they were up to while Mom was sleeping:)






1 comment:

Emily said...

Avery looks so comfy in the hotsligner! And Kara, you look GREAT by the way! I guess that is par for the course when you hardly even looked pregnant at 9 months! :)