9.25.2008

Josh's Surprise Baby Shower!

Today, Josh's coworkers threw him a surprise baby shower. I have been in on it for over three weeks now and didn't even come close to ruining it. For those of you who know me well, you know this was quite a feat for me.

We were sitting around the table before Josh arrived and everyone was convinced that they had ruined the surprise. One of his coworkers had a meeting reminder pop up while Josh was standing behind her that read "Josh's Baby Shower" so she was sure that she had spoiled everything. He was a little bit late on his entry so everyone thought that he had run out the back door of the building. This was not the case though...he had no idea until he walked into the room.

Josh's team all prepared vegetarian lunch goodies and someone brought in a yummy cake. It was hilarious because they had prepared everything vegetarian and the main dish was all different types of veggie burgers with all of the fixins. All of the carnivores would take a bite of the veggie burger and, with a shocked look on their face, say "this isn't that bad".


The team pitched in and bought us a great gift - the "Tiny Steps 2-in-1 Walker", which the baby will use a few months from now when he/she is ready to get moving. It was a great surprise and we are both very appreciative. It was great to be able to spend time with Josh's work pals and it was evident to me how much they all enjoyed celebrating him.


The only problem with the party was that we both ate so much all we wanted to do was take a nap when it was over. Lucky for me, I am actually afforded that luxury these days so I am at home sitting in front of my computer in my pajamas about to hit the bed for an afternoon nap. I think I just may miss this pregnancy thing...



1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is SO exciting!! Josh - I'm so happy for you with your promotion. Just think, you get a promotion AND get to wear your clothes inside out and backwards all at the same company. Kara, you look beautiful...I'm just dying to see that bump! Send more pictures. Love you both!